Even if you have heard about Matcha tea, read this!
The Chinese and Japanese have a history of drinking Matcha tea, and they are healthier because of it. It’s been used for thousands of years!
My favorite way of drinking this tea is either pure (with hot water added) or iced with a bit of sweetener added and some almond milk. Go easy with the sweeteners, though, they can mess up a healthful drink. I make my own matcha at home, so I know exactly what’s in it.
Here are some great benefits to drinking this tea:
- It has a rare amino acid that gives you relaxation in the brain. Anxiety/stress may lead to an agitated mood but Matcha tea balances your mood. This amino acid is L-theanine and is common in teas but this tea offers up to five times the amount as other teas. How does that stand up to your black or green variety?
2. It increases your metabolism and helps you get rid of fat. You will burn more fat even sitting still than without the Matcha tea. Imagine if you exercise a bit and watch your calories at the same time. You could get some help losing weight.
3. You’ll get about 135 times more antioxidants than regular green tea offers. These antioxidants can get rid of those awful free radicals that cause such damage to your body. It helps you stop some of the UV rays to your skin, as well. So, you can look more youthful in your skin. 😉
4. It helps your immune system to work well. Want a healthy immune system? Drink Matcha tea. It treats inflammation.
5. It helps the memory. L-theanine also helps you to remember important facts. If you are learning all the time, it can improve that retention.
6. It helps you stay younger longer. Matcha has been thought to slow aging. That is like a fountain of youth! Have you ever heard studies of a portion of Okinawa, Japan about their living longer? They do, and often-consumed Matcha may be the reason.
7. There have been links between this tea and reducing cardiovascular disease. So, drink up!
8. Matcha tea can help with depression and anxiety. It can also increase blood flow, healing you from the inside. You won’t feel as stressed. That is worth incorporating this tea into your life.
9. It contains catechins which may have cancer fighting benefits.
So, YES, a tea really CAN do all that!